TEST DRIVE TERMS & CONDITIONS
The customer must be over 21 and under 86 years of age, and I have held a full, valid UK driving license applicable to the vehicle for at least 12 months. Must not have accumulated more than 9 penalty points in the last 3 years, nor have I been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years. The customer to confirm that, if they have any health conditions or disability that could affect their ability to drive safely, they have notified the DVLA, and the DVLA has authorised them to drive. The customer must give consent for the dealership to carry out a driving license check and understand that should they incur any pending or new endorsements or restrictions during the period of loan, failure to inform the dealership immediately may invalidate the insurance. The customer will pay for any charges for loss/damages as a result of not using the correct fuel.
John Clark BMW (the dealership) loans this vehicle subject to the following conditions:
- The vehicle is insured on a comprehensive basis by the dealership from the time it is collected by the customer or delivered to the customer, whilst it is in their custody and control until such time it is returned by the customer to the dealership representative. The customer must agree to pay an insurance excess of £500 to the dealership in the event of any accidental damage, which will be refunded if recovered from a third party. The customer to acknowledge the policy does not cover personal effects or their own personal injury, which remain at their own risk.
- Customer to accept full responsibility for any uninsured loss or damage however such loss or damage is caused. In the event of an accident the customer will report the incident immediately to the dealership and will complete and accident report form at the dealership. Any necessary repair work will be carried out by the dealership and paid by the customer upon receipt of invoice.
- The customer accepts that any motoring or traffic offences, toll or parking charges, penalties and fines arising in relation to the vehicle for the duration of the loan are their sole responsibility under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, and/or any subsequent relevant legislation. The customer will indemnify the dealership forthwith for any penalties, fines, legal fees, cost, interest or other charges paid by them in relation to any such motoring or traffic offences or toll parking charges. The customer hereby irrevocably agrees to any such charges including an administration fee of £25+ VAT being charged for details to be passed onto the relevant third party.
- The customer will not drive the vehicle more than 150 miles per day unless by prior agreement. The customer will accept a charge of £0.15+ VAT per miles in excess of the agreed mileage.
- The customer will replace all fuel used during the loan period, or be invoiced for it as a cost of £1.50+VAT per litre.
- The customer agrees the vehicle is only insured to be driven by the named person(s) and will only be used for social, domestic & pleasure purposes and/or for their own business purposes excluding use for hire and reward, taxi or courier business purposes. The customer will indemnify the dealership in full against any and all claims, costs and expenses arising out of the driving of the vehicle by any other persons and accept full responsibility for any uninsured costs arising with these named persons are driving or have custody of the vehicle.
- The customer will not enter into any other agreement with any third party to further hire or loan the vehicle.
- The customer understands the vehicles controls and agrees not to disengage any of the passive safety feature and to leave it secured at all times with the keys removed. The customer understands failure to do so will invalidate the insurance policy and in the event of a loss I shall become liable for the full value of the vehicle.
- The customer agrees not to use the vehicle for track or off road purposes and not to take the vehicle outside the UK and Eire. Towing is permitted but cover excludes damage or theft to any trailer contents.
- The customer will return the vehicle at the end of the agreed loan period, or whenever requested.
- The customer will not smoke or allow animals in the vehicle and will return the vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition.
- The customer agrees that if in breach of any significant policy conditions the dealership has the right of recovery against them.